It’s time for an announcement: We’ve almost finalized our trip for fall! With the exception of Iceland, we’re sticking with a North American theme this year… and now we’re heading West. We both love a good road trip—in fact, most of our travels together have involved a rental car. Put those two things together, and you’ve got Jess and Nicole’s Southwest Adventure. In October, we’ll be spending ten days tooling around the American Southwest, hitting up some of this country’s most amazing national parks.
On the itinerary:
- Route 66. After flying into Albuquerque, we’ll be driving into Arizona, with plans to stop at the Petrified Forest at sunset and a stay at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook.
- Grand Canyon. Yup, it’s time to cross this one off the bucket list. We’ll be visiting friends in Flagstaff, staying on the more popular South Rim, and hopefully hiking into the canyon during our stay.
- Bryce Canyon. It was a toss-up between Bryce and Zion, but we just couldn’t pass up the chance to see that amphitheater.
- Mesa Verde. Pueblo cliff dwellings and ruins? Sign us up.
- Santa Fe. We’re hoping to meet up with friends, enjoy some green chile chicken, and soak up the atmosphere of this city’s historic downtown.
- Albuquerque. Originally just our fly in/fly out spot, this city has now earned an extra day on our itinerary: We’ll be attending the Balloon Fiesta while we’re there!
Any suggestions or recommendations? We’d love to hear them!